Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Rehearsals and a surprise visitor!


Hi Everyone! Sorry for the delay in this post; I was in State Director meetings all day.

Yesterday, the contestants taped their intros/fashion show at the Kodak Theatre. This went from 10a - 3p. They had a break for lunch, could change clothes, then continued rehearsals. A little bit later, they were told that Donald Trump would be stopping by! Each contestant got to meet Mr. Trump, and he watched rehearsals for a little bit. Now remember, the Miss Universe Organization chooses 6 of the Top 15 semi-finalists, so everyone wanted to make a favorable impression! Here are some photos of that taping, as well as more Prelim photos.






All photos in this post copyright Miss Universe, LP, LLLP.

They rehearsed until 10pm, then back to the hotel.

This morning it was back to the Kodak for rehearsals. Courtney said she also had a followup TV interview scheduled. Speaking of TV, has Channel 12 been running Courtney's promo for the MISS USA Pageant in Phoenix yet? If you see it, please post your thoughts!

Tomorrow I'll be at rehearsals all day. I can't believe that we're less than 48 hours from the pageant!!!! Courtney will be looking for your posts, so we're running out of time to post good luck messages to our girl!

I have to say how incredibly proud I am that Courtney is representing our state. She has truly done a phenomenal job. And while I know she should win this thing, we are dealing with judges, and there's always a possibility that things won't go the way we think they should on Friday. Let me publicly state that NO MATTER the outcome, I am indescribably proud of and happy with Courtney. She is a phenomenal titleholder, a wonderful person with a genuinely kind and sweet spirit, and I am proud to be in her life and thankful that God has put her in my life.

God Bless,

Britt

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

COURT! you are going to do so awesome! i wish i could be there!! my parents told me to tell you they say Hello and wish you the best of luck!!! ME TOO!

LOVE YA
STACEY

Andy Biggs said...

you are looking stunning, that purple dress is out of control hot. i am so proud of you. you are making arizona proud. i will see u on friday. let me know if u need anything.

Anonymous said...

Way to go Miss Photogenic! You will definitely win that. Good luck Courtney!

Steven

Kirin Christianson said...

Hi Courtney!

How does it feel to be so close to your dreams? You are there! You are doing GREAT!! Your positive attitude and spirit are carrying you far in this event. You are Arizona's super shining star! Glow girl, glow! Sending lots of love and support your way!

Warmly,

Kirin :~)

Anonymous said...

Courtney,

I am so proud of you. You look amazing and I know that you will make Britt and me so proud. You have listened to everything that we have said and it shows! I can't wait to see you and cheer you on.

Love,
Molly

Anonymous said...

I'm a fan and there are so many people here rooting for you!! I have all my closests friends with me to watch and pray for you tomorrow night! You'll do amazing!!
Good luck, and don't forget to have fun!!

-Tiffany

Anonymous said...

You look stunningly beautiful! It's almost time! We are cheering you on! I want to share a poem that I was given by the then queen when I competed in a state teen usa pageant.



And the winner is....
Oh, how your heart will pound!
The moment you've been waiting for has finally come around.
But stop, suppose you don't win,
Suppose that you don't get the fame.
It isn't the winning that counts so much,
It's how you've played the game!

If you win the crown and roses,
But not the friends and love,
You're a loser...not a winner,
Just ask the Lord above.

You're friends and love will last forever,
Yes, forever and a day,
But the crown and roses will rust and crumble,
and quickly fade away.

Your family and friends are seated here
With teardrops in their eyes.
Their hearts are beating just like yours
to hear who has won the prize!

To your family, you're a bit of Heaven,
To your friends you are the same.
To be happy and succfessful
You don't need to have the fame.

So when they announce the winner
It should be a real thrill.
For if you don't win the title - remember
One of your best friends will!


You're going to do fabulous!!! Go get that crown!!! I will be cheering for you at my tv set! lol!

God Speed!

Anonymous said...

Hi Courtney,
Just a random pageant fan here who has been following your Miss USA blog. I have been slightly addicted to the Miss USA pageant since one of my best friends was Miss FL USA 2005 (Melissa Witek). Anyway, I will be cheering for you from my couch! Good luck and have fun... you are absolutely gorgeous, and I KNOW you will knock those judges' socks off tomorrow night. Work it!
Best wishes,
Kristin

Anonymous said...

Leaving tonight to see our Miss Arizona USA become the 2008 MIss USA!! Courtney your doing awesome!! See ya win that crown!!
Jessica Smith
2007 Mrs Arizona Galaxy

Andy Biggs said...

i am here. i came to see ur shining moments. i am so excited and keeping u in my thoughts. see u tomorrow girl you are going to knock them dead.

work it
ANDY BIGGS
"hair guru"

Anonymous said...

I'll be praying for you tonight!
Rock that stage and know you have tons cheering you on via tv sets!

God Speed!

Christina