Friday, March 9, 2007

Day 2!

I got an email from Courtney tonight! She had breakfast at 7, then at the Orientation they learned some rules about their time in LA. They are broken up into small groups, and each group is assigned a chaperone. Contestants can't go ANYWHERE without a chaperone! They can't even go up/down the elevator by themselves. It's quite a switch for these independent ladies!

After Orientation, Courtney filmed her promo shot for the state of Arizona. Yes, we have our own Grand Canyon State promo for the pageant, and it's our own MISS ARIZONA USA! I'm really excited to see these promos! I'm not sure when they'll start, but they'll run on NBC.

After lunch the contestants met with Scott Grossman, the choreographer. They learned their intro walk, and the intros will be "Courtney Barnas, 19, Arizona USA!" I like that intro and am happy they're using it again! The contestants also learned the swimsuit number for those who do not make the Top 15. I have a sneaking suspicion that Courtney won't need to remember that number!

They had a welcome reception at 5:30, then dinner at the Japanese restaurant in the Wilshire Grand at 8. Breakfast tomorrow is at 8am, so Courtney's taking full advantage of that extra hour of sleep!

Still no photos :( but I'll keep trying. Some contestants are sending photos to family/friends and I'll shamlessly borrow them to post here if I find any with Courtney in them!

YAY for all the messages and posts pouring in! Please keep them coming, I know Courtney loves hearing from everyone! Trust me, any little note of encouragement or love means a lot to her right now. In less than two weeks she'll be on national television living out her dream!

Please keep Courtney and all the contestants and their families in your prayers!

Blessings,

Britt

No comments: